Friday, July 17, 2009

Jen and Rebecca Embark on a Blog

July 2009 marks ten years since Jen and I began to travel the world together. In July 1999, she departed Tulsa and I departed Minneapolis to visit our mutual friend Janelle in Denver. (Jen was a college friend and roommate of Janelle's whereas I've known Janelle since birth--her birth. She's younger.) At the time, Jen and I were only acquaintances who both found the 4th of July weekend a convenient time to visit Janelle. But soon we were all friends, and decided that traveling together sounded like a fabulous idea. So in August 1999, Janelle, Jen, and I took a trip to London and Ireland. The rest, as they say, is history. Many trips later, we love nothing more than traveling the world together. Well, Janelle may love her husband and soon-to-be-born child a tad more, thus this blog is being hosted by just Jen and Rebecca.

To mark our ten years (and counting) of travel, Jen and I thought we'd start sharing our world-wide adventures with friends and family, and really anyone else who care to read about them. Hence this blog. Hope you enjoy traveling vicariously through us. We'll try not to make you too jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, does this mean you're not sending postcards anymore? Do I have to tape your posts to my fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly enjoy this toucan photo. It reminds me of a mix I listened to with Rebecca on the way back from Iowa today. She told me something about "a minimum of two".

    ReplyDelete